Tokarev Nikolay Nikolaevich, Candidate of engineering sciences, chief specialist in radio-wave detectors, division №134, Research and Design Institute of Radio-Electronic Engineering – branch of JSC “FSPC “PC “Start” named after M. V. Protsenko” (building 1, 1 Mira avenue, Zarechny, Penza region, Russia), E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Background. Forests provide the covert approach of intruders to vital protected facilities. Therefore, the detection of people and equipment in the forest is an urgent task. To fulfill this, it is necessary to use radio-wave detectors (RWD) of the meter wavelength range. Interference to RWD is reflections from tree crowns swaying in the wind. The article analyzes this type of interference.
Materials and methods. It is used a tree model in the form of a pinched cantilever cone beam with application of wind force to its top. Using this model, the crown deviations in horizontal and vertical directions are estimated when exposed to wind. The interference model is determined as a result of the direct beam interference and the beam reflected by the oscillating diffuse surface of an array of tree crowns.
Results. Two cases of detector location are considered - inside the forest and at the edge of the forest. They differ in the direction of oscillation of the reflecting surface. In the forest, this surface is horizontal and it oscillates in the vertical direction. At the edge of the forest, this surface is vertical and oscillates in the horizontal direction. The amplitude of oscillations in the horizontal direction is greater than in the vertical. It has been established that the amplitude of interference is mainly determined not by the amount of deviation of the reflecting surface, but by its reflection coefficient, which depends on the density of tree crowns, and the angle of incidence.
Conclusions. In the RWD operating frequency range the magnitude of the interference is much lower than the signals generated by an intruder (a person) and does not prevent his/her detection.
1. Tokarev N. N., Solomatin I. Yu. Sovremennye okhrannye tekhnolo-gii i sredstva obespecheniya kompleksnoy bezopasnosti ob"ektov: materialy VIII Vseros. nauch.-tekhn. konf. (Rossiya, Penza – Zarechnyy, 6–8 oktyabrya 2010 g.) [Modern security technologies and means of complex facility security provision: proceedings of VIII All-Russian scientific and practical conference (Russia, Penza – Zarechniy, October 6th-8th, 2010)]. Penza: Izd-vo PGU, 2010, pp. 197–204. [In Russian]
2. Tokarev N. N., Solomatin I. Yu., Gnusarev V. P. Sovremennye okhrannye tekhnologii i sredstva obespecheniya kompleksnoy bezopasnosti ob"ektov: materialy IX Vseros. nauch.-tekhn. konf. (Rossiya, Penza – Zarechnyy, 18–20 sentyabrya 2012 g.) [Modern
security technologies and means of complex facility security provision: proceedings of IX All-Russian scientific and practical conference (Russia, Penza – Zarechniy, September 18th-20th, 2012)]. Penza: Izd-vo PGU, 2012, pp. 132–139. [In Russian]
3. Tokarev N. N., Gnusarev V. P. Sovremennye okhrannye tekhnologii i sredstva obespecheniya kompleksnoy bezopasnosti ob"ektov: sb. nauch. st. X Vseros. nauch.-tekhn. konf. (Rossiya, Penza – Zarechnyy, 7–9 oktyabrya 2014 g.) [Modern security technologies and means of complex facility security provision: proceedings of IX All-Russian scientific and practical conference (Russia, Penza – Zarechniy, September 18th-20th, 2012)]. Penza: Izd-vo PGU, 2014, pp. 211–217. [In Russian]
4. Molchanov A. A. Les i okruzhayushchaya sreda [The forest and the environment]. Moscow: Nauka, 1968, 248 p. [In Russian]
5. Nikitin N. N. Kurs teoreticheskoy mekhaniki: ucheb. dlya mashinostroit. i priborostroet. spets. vuzov [A course of theoretical mechanics: textbook for machine building and instrument engineering majors at universities]. Moscow: Vyssh. shk., 1990, 607 p. [In Russian]
6. Netsvetov M. V. Ekologiya ta noosferologiya [Ecology and noosphere studies]. 2003, vol. 13, no. 1-2, pp. 87–92. [In Russian]
7. Simiu E., Skanlan R. Vozdeystvie vetra na zdaniya i sooruzheniya [Wind impact on buildings and constructions]; transl. from Engl. by B. E. Maslov, A. V. Shvetsova. Moscow: Stroyizdat, 1984, 360 p. [In Russian]
8. Kolesnikov A. I. Dekorativnaya dendrologiya [Decorative dendrology]. Moscow: Lesnaya promyshlennost', 1974, 704 p. [In Russian]
9. Landau L. D., Lifshits E. M. Teoreticheskaya fizika: ucheb. posobie: v 10 t. T. I. Mekhanika [Theoretical physics: teaching aid: in 10 volumes. Vol. 1. Mechanics]. 4th ed., corr. Moscow: Nauka, 1988, 216 p. [In Russian].
10. Lavrov G. A., Knyazev A. S. Prizemnye i podzemnye antenny [Surface and underground antennas]. Moscow: Sov. radio, 1965, 472 p. [In Russian]
11. Olenin Yu. A., Tokarev N. N. Novye promyshlennye tekhnologii [New industrial technologies]. 1999, iss. 4–5 (291–292), pp. 49–61. [In Russian]
12. Tokarev N. N. Radiotekhnika [Radioengineering]. 2013, no. 2, pp. 98–102. [In Russian]
13. Grishin Yu. P., Ipatov V. P., Kazarinov Yu. M., Kolomenskiy Yu. A., Ul'yanitskiy Yu. D. Radiotekhnicheskie sistemy: ucheb. dlya vuzov po spets. «Radiotekhnika» [Radio engineering systems: university textbook for “Radio engineering” specialty]. Moscow: Vyssh. shk., 1990, 496 p. [In Russian]
14. Burmistrova O. N. Stroenie dereva i drevesiny: metod. ukazaniya [Tree and wood structure: instructional guidelines]. Ukhta: UGTU, 2007, 50 p. [In Russian]
15. Organizatsiya takticheskoy maskirovki voysk grazhdanskoy oborony [Organization of tactical camouflage for civil defence troops]. Available at: http://studydoc.ru/doc/491291/glava-7---organizaciya-takticheskoj-maskirovki-vojsk-grazhdanskoj-oborony.html. (accessed Oct. 03, 2018) [In Russian]